Why Darrah Photo?
Our goal is to create beautiful, heirloom quality portraiture, while preserving your history and your loved ones – portraits that are passed down for generations. We can’t keep your child young. We can’t stop time, but it’s the closest thing to it.
As a trained Certified Professional Photographer featured twice in Professional Photographer Magazine, Grey Darrah is our sole photographer and artist operating a one-of-a-kind 3000 sf. studio since 2004.
What makes us different?
- Our studio is full of beautiful antiques and furniture for props and hand-painted and custom backgrounds unlike other studios.
- Our closets are full of classic, beautiful baby and children clothing for our clients’ use.
- Our clients view their images on a big screen slide show at their customized viewing appointment in our studio. Nothing is as important as the expressions on a face, and we want you to be able to see it clearly.
- All printing is done in-house on archival, museum quality papers and canvas. We never use labs or inferior products and guarantee all of our portraits for life. We even replace any portraits damaged in your home, at no cost – forever!
- Your final, printed selections are also provided to you as low-resoluion digital images for Facebook or any device.
What makes A Portrait by Grey Darrah So Very Special?
Our desire is to create an image for you that makes a statement of unique character and personality. We believe that the experience of having a portrait made should be an exciting and memorable event. Our Classic Studio session includes any family members and pets.
Planning is very important to us. The clothing and sometimes the location, if created outside of the studio, can be vital to the “style” of the portrait and its overall impact. As you plan your session, consider the intended use of the portrait and where it will hang. This is a key factor for selecting the colors and style of the final presentation. Keep in mind, however, that while it is important to know these design ingredients, it’s best to reserve final decisions until your viewing appointment.
Superb artwork is another reason why our portraits are so beautiful and complimentary. It is Grey’s personal print making and enhancement techniques that separates his signature work from all others.
Of course, more than anything else, it is the unique vision and perspective of the artist that make his individual portraits sensitive and outstanding. Grey has mastered the tools and techniques of his trade, allowing him the creative freedom to produce a piece of personal artwork that you will cherish forever.
It is our desire to create an image for you which will bless your life and be remembered as one of the best investments you have ever made.